We are seeking a top-notch, highly experience House Manager/Valet with similar experience and technical skills to best support the Principal with all aspects of his personal spaces, approximately 3000 square feet, wardrobe management, toiletries, and other supplies as well as support for the family and home.
The ideal candidate will have: extensive knowledge of wardrobe care, procurement and management; experienced in provisioning and maintaining inventories of all personal supplies; understanding and experienced working in a home with college age children and pets (dogs); assist with other duties such as dog care, house tasks. This is a hands-on position that requires a lot of time on your feet throughout the day, estimated time 70%-80% includes: housekeeping; dog care; set, serving and clearing dining table; occasional food preparation breakfast, snack, beverage, lunch, turn down service, etc.
Role and Responsibilities:
The duties include personal care of all Principal’s personal space, includes offices, other residential locations, closets, wardrobes, medication and vitamin management, and tends to serve family as directed.
• Follow Principal calendar closely, anticipate needs
• Manage inventories (wardrobe, medication, vitamins)
• Effectively communicate with team: office, aviation, other residences, yacht coordinator, finance
• Produce and report weekly, Friday report by noon
• Researches products and services as directed by Principal
• On-line ordering e.g. shirt stays, hangers, travel tags, clothing, etc. ) as needed
• Liaise with tailor, couture clothing vendors, and various other vendors on behalf of Principal
• Review and approve invoices, route to finance department
• Conduct daily AM protocols upon arrival: bring in newspaper, turn off alarm, feed and take dogs out , set
breakfast table, tidy “pathway” spaces (game room, game room bathroom, work out room), review work out
room ensure everything is operational and in ready state
• Personal Spaces Management -Full charge care of personal spaces includes: Daily housekeeping (bathroom,
office, bedroom, sitting areas, closets)
• Checking daily and ensuring everything is operational (electronics, gas fireplaces, lights, etc.)
• Reviewing inventories and restocking daily (bathroom, office supplies, beverages, etc.)
• Support Estate Manager as needed
• Vendor supervision if Estate Manager not present or unavailable
• Assist with all other household duties: answering house phone, errands and provisioning
• Full charge manager of family dogs
Meal Preparation and Serving:
• Set and clear breakfast table daily
• Prepare and serve meals as requested: breakfast and lunch
• Set, serve and clear as needed for dinners, special events, holidays as requested
• Extensive travel packing preparations and supervision (travel occurs almost weekly, from 1x to several, must be
done with precision with appropriate accoutrements, anticipate all needs, check weather, understand all
• Prepare all outfits with the appropriate accoutrements
• Pack medicine and vitamins: precise count, labeled, vitamins pulled and organized in AM/PM containers
• Pack all toiletries, specialty food items, and other items such as: cigars, handkerchiefs, dedication bracelets, etc.
• Tag all bags with appropriate location
• Communicate to locations # of bags, medicine and vitamins sent via email
• Report to Principal via email packing details for every trip as an FYI
• Precise maintenance of all wardrobes
• Dry clean management: oversight of all wardrobe items includes all residential locations (HH and Montana) and
routed back to the correct location
• Checking and ensuring watch collection is operational and accurate
• Travel with family to other residences and/or family holiday’s as needed
• Travel to other locations to set up pre-season and/or to review needs and provision for (e.g. apartment,
hangar/plane, offices, etc.)
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Extensive experience managing bespoke wardrobe and packing.
• Knowledgeable of all aspects of providing superior family/guest services.
• Able to prepare light, simply meals: hot breakfast, light lunch (salad, heat a soup, prepare a fruit plate), snacks
• Experienced in all aspects of housekeeping: cleaning, laundry, serving, setting table, answering phones, greeting
• Demonstrate proper social etiquette, extreme professionalism and cultural knowledge
• Physically able to meet the demands of the position: standing, being on the move and feet
throughout the day, lifting up to 30 pounds
• Ability to understand calendar logistics and scenarios
• Ability to manage and be comfortable handling all personal inventories and distribution
• Ability to speak effectively and present information to family members and senior management
• Ability to respond to questions from managers and family office via email or telephone.
• Ability to work within a team atmosphere: other house staff, family office, reporting to Estate Manager
• Must be comfortable with technology. This is a smart home
• MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook 365): email, calendar and contacts management, inventory management
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role with verifiable references
• Domestic and international travel as requested, valid passport required (travel estimated to be 25%-35%)
• Valid and clean driver’s license required
• Responsive to inquiries and requests during nights, evenings and weekends as necessary
• Execute a non-disclosure agreement; agree to extensive background check and provide necessary information
• Willing to work nights, evenings and weekends as necessary
• Must have ability to respond properly in any property emergency or safety situation
• This is a non-smoking environment
• Informal home, no uniform required; however, must adhere to dress code
To be considered for this position, please submit and updated resume along with letters of recommendation. Immediate Hire!
Compensation: $80,000 - $120,000/year plus full benefits (salary is based on experience)