Retired CEO in residence for periods of time either alone or with family/friends is seeking an experienced Domestic Couple. The principal is in residence frequently “in-season” and also “off season” but not as frequent and typically, over the weekend periods. Family and or friends may use the house, as well if the principal is not in residence. Couple must work when principal or others are in residence (including weekends) and definitely over the Thanksgiving holiday and the period between Christmas – New Years. Principal covets his privacy and is security minded.
• Two story residence, 5 bedrooms plus guest room on the ocean
• Principal’s EA who is based in Philadelphia manages the residence from a maintenance perspective.
• All vendors are organized and managed by principal’s office.
DUTIES: The Couple is responsible as a team to insure overall smooth operation of the residence. Duties include:
• Menu planning with input from the home owner when he is in residence. Grocery shopping, meal preparation and service.
• Must be a good cook and comfortable preparing simple meals (chef skills not required)
• Hands on housekeeping functions in the residence including, cleaning, laundry, ironing and care of furniture, etc.
• Care of the outside of the home including hands on tasks such as grounds maintenance, tending to seasonal plantings, windows (outside and inside when needed), doors and railing cleaning, sweeping and power washing (when needed) driveway and patios, in-between pool and spa cleaning (there is a weekly vendor for pool and spa and chemical management). A landscaper takes care of the property weekly but clean-up in between is necessary
• Daily pick-up of any trash on the beach (beach cleaning service does heavy cleaning)
• Communication with principal’s office on residence status with reporting of any problems at the residence. Principal’s office will provide direction and will engage and manage outside vendors. Your role is to be a good communicator with and oversee vendor appointments.
• Routine communication with principal’s office is key – do not try to fix anything on your own. Seek direction.
• Driving- airport runs otherwise mostly house related shopping, errands etc.
• Vehicle care - gas and wash cars. Coordinate with principal’s office on any automobile problems. Principal’s office schedules maintenance.
• Other duties and errands as would complement the position
• Daily care for Principal’s small cat, i.e. clean litter box, give breakfast and dinner
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTER:
• Related experience in a similar position- specifically experience working as a couple, good cooking skills, serving skills, strong housekeeping skills along with the ability to prioritize and adjust to fit the variable needs of the Principal.
• Positive attitude
• Detail oriented
• Courteous, discreet, honest and responsible character
• Be well groomed, non-drug user, physically able to perform the duties of the position and willing to submit to a full pre-employment check to verify background, good credit and valid driver’s license
• Able to sign and adhere to confidentiality agreement
• COVID-19 Vax required
• Appropriate attire is expected with no set uniform. If she is involved with serving such as during a party or important dinner, the attire is black pants and white shirt.
HOURS OF SERVICE:
• A professional private service attitude that puts the employer's needs at a premium is expected and highly valued. The basic schedule is 5 days per week (Monday to Friday / 8:30-5:30 with an hour break for lunch) with flexibility when the Principal or guests are in residence which would involve working Saturdays and Sundays. Otherwise, if the house is empty you can have off all weekend (Saturday and Sunday) but care for Principal’s cat unless other arrangements are made in advance.
COMPENSATION AND TERMS:
• Salary commensurate with experience, in line with current trends in the profession and salary history of the candidates.
• 1-bedroom apartment above garage. Utilities are paid by employer You’ll have high speed internet along with premium cable.
• Two weeks’ vacation at the mutual convenience of both parties.
• Health Insurance Stipend.
• Female must be willing to fly to PA to cover for PA housekeeper when she is on vacation annually. This will be organized by principal’s office and travel paid for by employer.
• Residence is monitored by cameras and alarm as security is important to the Principal.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience plus housing & benefits