A best-selling author, entrepreneur & philanthropist has an immediate need for a full-time House Manager. Hours are 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday. Principal has a very busy travel schedule so occasional weekends may be needed.
• Accept and accomplish special assignments.
• Perform shopping and errands.
• Manage standard dry-cleaning schedule.
• Ensure laundry is done weekly for Mr. & Mrs.
• Supplement services of the housekeeper (light housekeeping).
• Manage standardized, normal and ongoing grocery shopping lists for the couple and home offices.
• Order standard supplies for all aspects of the house.
• Occasional meal preparation.
• Assist with pet care (1 dog), including drop off at pet daycare center and vet visits.
• Organize common areas of house, home offices, guest rooms.
• Perform all other miscellaneous tasks as requested by Mr. & Mrs.
• Submit weekly work report providing status of all projects and challenges.
• Support the Home Office for Principal.
• Process mail twice weekly, in and out, unless urgent request is made and you are available to respond.
• Ensure standard office supplies are maintained and available.
• Provide support around travel, working with Principal’s Executive Assistant (EA) weekly to understand the travel schedule.
• Assist with specialized ‘packing’ based on the type of travel it is.
• Create standard, repeatable travel protocols/routines.
•Assist with personal travel vacation and lodging arrangements.
• Maintain and manage Home Schedule.
• Coordinate and manage all vendors or outside visitors scheduled to the house.
• Plan and manage guest arrivals and departures and support during stay.
• Create and maintain the electronic House Management & Security Binder
• Document all approved house and family vendors, by category.
• Maintain history log of services performed at residence.
• Create and manage central House filing system.
• Receipts, reports, warranties, manuals, etc.
• Arrange for and supervise all contract employees, temporary and adjunct household staff, housekeeper and caterers
• Be the onsite point of contact for outside contractors, service people, artisans, and all other household and non-household workers Office equipment vendors.
• Wellness Room service providers
• Landscape maintenance
• All other vendors engaged for proper maintenance of residence and home offices.
• Budget Management.
• Keep running records of all household expenses and compare to approved budget
• Manage monthly house vendor payments.
• Work to mitigate and limit outside vendor expenses by handling as much as possible oneself.
• Event Management
• Arrange for entertainment, and social activities as requested.
• Contract and manage caterers, valet and other event support services.
• Assist with invite distribution and RSVP tracking.
• Provide on-site event management, start to finish.
Requirements: 5 years of previous experience in a private home. The position requires a highly organized, detailed individual who is capable of working with little supervision, is a self-starter and a team player.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience